These terms and conditions apply to the provision to you, your employer or the person or organisation you represent ('You' / 'Your' / 'Yourself'), as applicable, the user, by RKH Specialty Limited ('RKH Specialty', 'We', 'Us', 'Our'), of this website, and the use by You of the website. It is important that You read these terms and conditions carefully. By using this website You are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions in their entirety and You agree to use the website in accordance with them.
We may revise these terms and conditions by updating this posting. Any such modifications shall become effective immediately
- Due to the nature of the Internet and Our need to undertake website maintenance, We cannot guarantee to provide and maintain the website continuously and without interruption and faults.
- You accept and acknowledge that the intellectual property in the website is owned by RKH Specialty. You will not remove in whole or in part any trade marks, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on any material You download and/or print from the website.
- You recognise that the Internet is accessible to anyone with the appropriate technical capability and as such it is impossible to protect totally against abuse of the website by third parties, including the introduction of a virus, worm, trojan or other malicious software ('Malicious Software') onto the website. You acknowledge that it is Your responsibility to satisfy Yourself that Your own information technology is protected against Malicious Software.
- You are responsible in all respects for the content of the material You place on the website about Yourself and Your insurance requirements, and You warrant, represent and undertake to Us that the information You supply to Us shall be accurate, complete, true and up to date.
- You may use this website for viewing or requesting information We may publish from time to time regarding Our business and other services available.
- You are responsible for checking whether any policy wording contained on the website is suitable for You.
- Other than with regard to bespoke information provided by RKH Specialty by way of its Extranet facility:
- No information We provide through the website shall be binding on Us. You acknowledge that reliance on any information or other material posted on the website is entirely at Your own risk. You should check all information directly with Us and should not rely on any material contained on the website as a statement, representation of fact or warranty.
- As far as permitted by law, We shall not be liable for any loss, howsoever arising and whether or not as a result of negligence, whether direct or consequential, arising out of or in connection with this website. All warranties, undertakings, conditions and terms, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, custom, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise (including without limitation as to quality, fitness for purpose, performance or suitability for purpose) in respect of the website are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Our liability to You for fraudulent misrepresentation by Us or Our employees or for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence or that of Our employees.
- These terms and conditions represent the entire agreement in relation to the subject matter of these terms and conditions between Us and supersede all other agreements and representations made by either party whether oral or written.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with English law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Supplemental Terms & Conditions for use of the Extranet Facility
The following additional terms and conditions apply to the use of the RKH Specialty Extranet:
- RKH Specialty reserves the right to suspend, withhold or otherwise deny or terminate access to the extranet in its absolute discretion.
- You are granted access to folders that contain information that is relevant to You, either as a client, insurer or other authorised third party. You must not try to gain access to any other folders. If You cannot access a folder that You have been advised is available to You, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the matter will be investigated.
- The information located in the folders is not to be used for any purpose other than that intended. If You are not the owner/originator of the information located in the folder, You may not pass this information on to third parties without the express permission of the owner/originator or Us by telephone or e-mail to email@example.com.
- In the event that You become aware that any information within the extranet is inaccurate or out of date, You agree not to use such information and to advise RKH Specialty as soon as reasonably possible of the inaccuracy or that it is out of date by telephone or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You agree not to knowingly or recklessly transmit, port or transfer to the extranet either directly or indirectly any information or other material which is or may be inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, obscene, offensive or otherwise breaches any intellectual property right or similar right, or will adversely affect the integrity of the information contained in, or the software or performance of the extranet.
- You are responsible in all respects for the content of the material You place on the extranet about Yourself and Your insurance requirements, and You warrant, represent and undertake to Us that the information You supply to Us shall be accurate, complete, true and up to date and free from any virus, worm, trojan or other malicious software ('Malicious Software').
Usernames & Passwords
- You are responsible for keeping Your username and password secret, and undertake not to divulge this information to any person or entity, including where appropriate, but not limited to, anyone employed by the same employer as You. Likewise, You undertake not to use the username and/or password of any other person and/or entity.
- In order to maintain best security practice, You will be asked to choose a new password every 60 days.
- Your right to access the extranet ceases on termination of Your employment / contract / agreement by either You or Your employer or the person or organisation you represent. In such circumstances You hereby undertake to immediately notify RKH Specialty in writing and to immediately cease all use of the extranet.
- Your right to access the extranet ceases when You or We have terminated Our business relationship.
- You are responsible for all statements made and for all acts or omissions that occur while Your password is being used. You hereby agree to indemnify RKH Specialty for all reasonable costs, expenses, fees, fines or penalties incurred as the result of inappropriate, negligent, illegal or fraudulent use of the extranet.
- RKH Specialty will endeavour to make the extranet accessible 24 hours a day, seven days a week. However, due to the nature of the Internet and Our need to undertake extranet maintenance, We cannot guarantee to provide and maintain the extranet continuously and without interruption and faults or free of harmful material whether in the form Malicious Software or otherwise.
- RKH Specialty will not be liable if for any reason the extranet is unavailable at any time for any period.
- Should You have any queries or technical issues regarding the extranet, please contact email@example.com.
File Uploads & Downloads
- You acknowledge that it is Your responsibility to satisfy Yourself that Your own information technology is protected against Malicious Software.
- Files uploaded to the extranet should be in a format that can be read by the intended parties (i.e. Excel, PDF, Word), and must be free of Malicious Software. RKH Specialty does not accept any liability for any damage, loss or consequential loss caused by any Malicious Software downloaded from the extranet where the owner/originator did not ensure that the file was free from Malicious Software.
- The maximum file size permitted to be uploaded to the extranet is 150mb per file. However, users are requested not to upload files that are larger than they reasonably need to be.
- RKH Specialty will not be liable for any technical, legal, administrative or other problems arising from use of the extranet.
Links to Third Party Sites
Personal data and Data Protection
RKH Specialty will take all reasonable steps to ensure that any information you provide via e-mail and / or via the Site is kept secure‚ but please remember that‚ because of the nature of the Internet‚ the security of emails cannot be guaranteed. Consequently, your privacy of your data in such email correspondence cannot be guaranteed. There is no guarantee that any emails that you send to us will be received by us.
- You accept and acknowledge that the intellectual property in the extranet is owned by RKH Specialty. You will not remove in whole or in part any trade marks, copyright and other proprietary notices contained in or appearing on any material You download and/or print from the extranet.
Modification of these Terms and Conditions
- RKH Specialty reserves the right to change the terms, conditions, and notices under which the extranet is offered. RKH Specialty shall endeavour to notify You of any such change by email or other means not less than 21 days before such changes shall come into effect.
Severance of Terms
- The extranet has been provided by RKH Specialty, in England. English Law shall govern its use at all times and, in the event of a dispute, the relevant parties shall irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Nothing in this agreement shall restrict RKH Specialty from providing information to, or complying with any statutory or regulatory body requirements relating to the use of this extranet or the information provided to or gathered by RKH Specialty with respect to such use.
RKH Specialty Limited, part of the Hyperion Insurance Group, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in respect of general insurance business (reference number: 531097). Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 7142031. Registered Office: 16 Eastcheap, London, EC3M 1BD.
RKH Specialty Limited takes great care to ensure the information appearing on this site is accurate and up-to-date. However, errors and omissions can occasionally occur and the user should not take the accuracy of the information for granted but should check directly with RKH Specialty Limited.
None of the material contained in this site is to be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact. RKH Specialty Limited has no control over the use to which the information may be put by the user and accordingly shall not be liable for any loss of profits or contracts or any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of, or in connection with, the use of such information. The statutory rights of a client dealing with RKH Specialty Limited as a consumer shall remain unaffected.